I hope these words are a wrecking ball

My thoughts and opinions about music, people, politics, and the joys and annoyances life sends my way.

Two posts in one day!

     I know it must seem  crazy to post twice in one day but I need to put something out there to be heard.  I was searching the internet for some information on Rob Bell's newest book and I cam across several forums and blogs that contained posts of people who had serious issues with Rob Bell's theology and teachings.  First, if you are one of those people, don't write your issues here.  I know what people have issues with. I've read about them, considered them, and I've come to this conclusion.  I don't care.  I don't agree with everything he has to say but I believe he is reaching a great number of people with the Gospel and he is sparking an interest in theology in young people.  These are both good things.  Christians are called to study for themselves when they are taught something and as long as we all continue to do so any discrepancies in his teaching (minor thought they are) will be resolved.  

     My big issue with what I read is that so many Christians are completely consumed with analyzing and condemning the theology of others.  We need to stop bickering amongst ourselves if we are ever going to reach the world.  Remember the words of John 3:17; "For God did not send His son into the world to condemn it, but that through Him it might be saved."  If God found a purpose to life more important than judging and condemning men, shouldn't we also?

0 comments: